4 large potatoes, boiled and peeled
Salt to taste
1 cup tortilla chips
2 tbsp cornflour
1 cup green lentils, cooked
1 tsp garlic
1/4 tsp cumin
1 tsp olive oil
1 green chili
1/4 cup cilantro, minced
1 tbsp taco seasoning
Oil for frying
- Mash the potatoes, blend in the salt.
- Grind the tortilla chips to a bread crumb consistency in a food processer.
- Mix the cornflour with just enough water to form a thickish paste. Set all above aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the garlic and cumin.
- Next throw in the green chili, cooked lentils, and cilantro.
- Stir , them add the taco seasoning, salt if needed, and a quarter cup of water.
- Cover and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Remover cover and continue cooking until the water is completely absorbed and the lentils are a dry mix. Cool this mix completely.
- Now place the potatoes, filling, cornflour mix, and tortilla crumbs in a line.
- Divide the potato mash into 6 equal parts. Do the same for the lentil filling.
- Take one, roll into a ball, flatten it in the palm of your hand.
- Place the filling for one portion in the centre. Close the pattie.
- Dip in the cornflour mix, then in the tortilla crumbs. Place on wax paper.
- Repeat until all six are ready.
- Heat enough oil for shallow frying in a pan. Heat.
- Gently lower the patties one by one into the oil.
- Cook on a medium low heat on both sides until each side is crisp and golden.
- Drain on a kitchen towel. Serve hot with a condiment of your choice.
Click here for the complete Daring Cooks March 2011 Challenge.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2011. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.