1 cup dry soy granules
2 celery sticks, chopped fine
1 tomato, minced
1 poblano pepper, chopped fine
1/2 cup green peas
1/2 cup kidney beans, cooked
2-4 tbsp cilantro, chopped fine
1/2 cup tomato paste
2 tbsp taco seasoning, organic
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Heat 2 cups water and a pinch of salt in a saucepan. Add the soya granules and boil for 5-6 minutes.
- Strain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan. Add the cumin seeds. When they begin to roast, ass the chopped celery, and then the poblano peppers. Stir and fry for a five minutes.
- Now add the strained soya granules, and continue frying on a medium heat until the granules begin to brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, and 2 cups water. Stir a couple of times and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Throw in the peas, kidney beans, and the taco seasoning with another 2-3 cups water. Simmer until the sauce thickens, season with salt and fresh cilantro.
- Serve hot in tacos or with some good bread.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2012. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.