1 cup long grain rice, washed and soaked for 20 minutes
11/2 cups soy nuggets, soaked in hot water for 20 minutes
1 cup frozen spinach
1/2 cup peas
5 black peppercorns
1 black cardamom
1 bay leaf, broken
2 tbsp dhania powder (coriander powder)
1 green chili, chopped
Salt, to taste
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp kolhapuri masala
1 tbsp oil
11/2 cups vegetable stock (I use home made which is sodium free and organic)
2 tbsp fresh cream
Ghee, for serving
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the peppercorns, cumin, cloves, cardamom, and bay leaf.
- Drain the soy nuggets. Squeeze out any excess water using your palms.
- Add the soy nuggets and fry on a medium for 5 minutes, or until they being to turn brown.
- Next add the peas, green chili, spinach, turmeric, and salt.
- Cover and cook for around five minutes.
- Drain the water from the soaked rice and add it to the vegetable mix.
- Pour in a cup and a half of the home made vegetable stock and the kolhaouri masala.
- Bring the rice to a simmer.
- Turn down the heat, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the rice is almost ready. Now stir in the fresh cream and ghee.
- Keep the tehri covered for another 10 minutes.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2012. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.