Back to the paneer, and I decided to pair it with some palak (spinach), spices, and milk for a creamy Palak Paneer without the extra effort of pureeing the spinach. Yumm!!
4 -5 cups of fresh spinach
1 cup fresh paneer
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp ghee (clarified butter)
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp red chili powder
Salt to taste
2 green chilies, chopped
1/2" piece ginger, grated
1/2 cup milk, full fat
- Heat the ghee in a pan. Add the cumin and asafoetida and allow to roast for a few seconds.
- Reduce heat, throw in the grated ginger, green chilies, and the spinach.
- Stir for a couple of minutes, then add a cup of water to this mix, and cook on low to medium heat for a 20 minutes or until the spinach is soft and the water has evaporated.
- Now add the milk and let the spinach simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Crumble the paneer and sprinkle it into the palak with the red chili powder, and garam masala.
- Blend the pameer into the palak, cook until all the milk has been absorbed.
- Season with salt and serve this creamy spinach-cottage cheese combination hot with rice or chappatis.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2012. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.