1 cup cooked garbanzo beans
3/4 cup lima beans
1/2 cup green beans, chopped and blanched
1/2 cup sweetcorn
1/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup peas
1/2 cup carrots, sliced round and blanched
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1/2 white onion, chopped fine
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper
For the Dressing:
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp lime juice
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Add the garlic and then the onion.
- Stir and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Now add the green beans, carrots, sweetcorn, garbanzo beans, and lima beans.
- Stir in some salt to taste, and then some black pepper.
- Cover the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the raisins, turn off the heat, and leave covered for a couple of minutes.
- Prepare the dressing mixing together the honey and lime juice.
- Pour into the salad.
- Toss and serve immediately.
- This salad is a wonderful side to any meal; but it goes particularly well with a soup and freshly baked bread.
- You can stir your favourite herbs into this salad to add an extra punch to the existing flavours.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2012. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.