I decided to make a simple and easy meal for dinner: Seviyan Pulao and Baigan Pakoras with plain yogurt. The Seviyan Pulao is a snap and Baigan Pakoras or Eggplant Fritters are probably the most delectable of all pakoras that you can make at home!! I will post the recipe for the Pulao shortly - today its just the Pakoras. The Pakoras are very easy to put together, and frying them up does not take much time.
1/2 eggplant, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin
1 cup gram/ chickpea flour
Oil, for deep frying
Chaat Masala (Spice Mix), as needed for seasoning
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Slice the eggplant rounds into halves. Set aside
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the gram flour, salt, chili powder, turmeric, and cumin.
- Add just enough water to achieve a thickish batter.
- Drop two slices of the eggplant into the batter at a time.
- Make sure they are well coated with the batter.
- Drop gently into the hot oil, and fry till the pakoras begin to turn golden around the edges.
- Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Repeat for the rest of the vegetable and the batter.
- Sprinkle with pakoras with Chaat Masala and serve hot!!
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2010. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.