21/2 cups chickpeas, boiled
2 medium onions, chopped
2 large tomatoes, chopped
2 pods garlic, minced
1 tsp ginger, grated
2 green chilies, minced
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp garam masala
1 heaped tbsp dhania (coriander) powder
1 tbsp cooking oil
A few leaves fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a pan.Add the cumin seeds. When they begin to brown, reduce heat and add the onions, garlic, green chilies, and ginger.
- Fry until the onions are transparent. Next add the tomatoes and turmeric. Stir and cook until the oil begins to separate from the curry.
- Add the dhania powder, a couple of tablespoons of water, and let the curry paste simmer for 5-6 minutes until it begins to thicken. Now add a whole cup of water.
- Stir the chickpeas into this curry. Season with garam masala and salt to taste.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with cilantro and a dollop of ghee.
Vegan Substitute: Skip the ghee in the last step.
All content, text, and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.