Just a few weeks ago, however, after making a rare purchase from the snack counter, I discovered a really tasty pretzel with just the right crunch, taste, and salt. Now, as pretzel sticks were made for dipping, or so I heard, it followed that I should make some lip-smacking dip to go with this all-American snack:) A quick rummage through the kitchen, and this is what I came up with.
6 pieces sun-dried tomato (soaked and chopped)
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
2 tbsp fat free sour cream
1 tbsp neufcatchel cheese
1/2 tsp grated Parmesan
Salt, to taste
- Soak the sun-dried tomato in room temperature water for 30 minutes. Drain and chop into small pieces.
- Chop the jalapeno pepper in to small pieces too.
- Place in the food processor with a pinch of salt. Blend so that all ingredients mix - the mix need not be pureed.
- Mix the cream cheese, neufcatchel cheese, and Parmesan in a bowl. Add the tomato-pepper blend. Mix well.
- Check for seasonings. Add more salt if needed. Remember the cheeses are already a little salty and the pretzels also have salt.
- Pour into bowl, and serve with your favourite pretzel sticks.