There is nothing quite like having a few recipes for quick and easy one dish dinners handy. Amongst my favourite recipes is Pasta with Chickpeas & Parsley. This is a deliciously spicy pasta with a tremendously hearty flavour. Its completely no-fuss to make. It was perfect for our move last week - fast to make and truly yummy!!
3 cups mixed pasta
1 large can chickpeas
2 small onions, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 large bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp hot red pepper flakes
Salt, to taste
Pepper, freshly ground
- Boil the pasta with a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of olive oil in plenty of water. Set aside when ready.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the garlic and onions and cook until transparent.
- Drain the chickpeas and add to the pan. mix well cook covered on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Now add the pepper flakes (you can reduce or increase the quantity according to taste), and the parsley. Blend in and cook for another 5-8 minutes or until the chickpeas are warmed through.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss the cooked pasta into the chickpea mix.
- Serve hot with extra freshly ground black pepper and red chilli flakes.
All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007-2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.