1 cup chickpea flour
3/4 cup water
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp ginger-chilli paste
1/4 tsp asafetida
1 tsp baking soda
Salt, to taste
- Mix all the dry ingredients except the baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- To this mix, add the oil, water, and ginger-chilli paste and blend well to make a lump-free paste.
- Put 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker or a steamer, and bring to a boil. Meanwhile grease a cake pan or pie dish that will fit into the steamer such that it can also be easily removed with a few drops of oil.
- Now add the baking soda and lemon to the chickpea flour mix, blend well and pour into the pan. Leave at least a 3/4 inch space in the pan above the batter.
- Lower pan carefully into the steamer. If using pressure cooker, do not place the weight. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cake pan from the streamer. Let the dhokla cool. Turn out, cut into squares.
- Serve warm or cold with your favourite chutney or sauce.
Like this recipe. Tried it. Leave me a comment:)
All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007-2014. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.