Winter baking is my favorite! Fragrant bakes, cozy home, and big appetites. Last week I made Orange and Cranberry Loafs with dried cranberries and fresh orange pieces! They were for sharing - I made 10 loafs and my home was redolent with the smell of citrus!! The recipe is coming up soon on the blog. But today, I am sharing a recipe for Maple Corn Muffins with Maple Butter.
I have been planning on making these muffins for some time now, but it took time as I was working on a recipe that would yield super soft, moist, yet flavorful muffins. I think I finally have it. We made them for breakfast this morning and they were - Oh So Gooooood! Drizzled with home made maple butter, they disappeared in no time at all. I had to bake a second batch just to get the photographs for this post.
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup yellow corn meal
1 tsp baking baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp yogurt
1/4 cup whole milk
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/8 cup sugar
1/4 cup cooking oil
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend the wet ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Scoop into muffin pans.
- Bake in a preheated 350 F Oven fr 22-28 minutes.
- Remove, cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy warm with maple butter.
Good to Know
- This recipe makes 6 regular size muffins.
- They are amazing eaten warm out of the oven with maple butter.
Vegetarian Recipe, Egg Free Recipe, Nut Free Recipe
Like this recipe. Tried it. Leave me a comment:)
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2016. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.