Fresh baked cinnamon rolls make for the best weekend breakfast. Chilly winter mornings make it so difficult to get out of bed. Just the thought of the chill is enough to make one want to curl up back in bed for that one last snuggle. But weekends are different, aren't they? Lazy mornings, hot coffee, and buttery cinnamon rolls fresh out of the oven make it all that easier.
These rolls are so easy to prepare and need but a few ingredients that everyone has in the pantry. I did all the prep for these cinnamon rolls last night and this morning was just a breeze. The rolls were fragrant, soft, sweet, and buttery. Yes, an indulgent breakfast at its best :)
21/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp + 1/4 cup sugar
11/2 tsp yeast
1 cup warm water
2 tbsp butter, melted
For the Filling:
2 tbsp butter, softened
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Stir the one teaspoon sugar into a half cup of warm water. Sprinkle with the yeast. Stir, cover, and allow to proof for at least 10 minutes.
- Once ready, add the remaining water, melted butter, and then the flour, salt, and sugar.
- Stir well, then bring together to form a soft but not sticky dough. Knead for 5 minutes.
- Place in a well greased bowl and allow to rise.
- Once doubled, punch it down, then roll into a rectangle.
- For the filling, combine the softened butter, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Spread over the dough to within 1/2" of the edges. Roll and pinch seam to seal.
- Cut into 8 to 9 slices. Cover and set in a warm place to double.
- Bake at 350 F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cool on a wire rack.
Like this recipe. Tried it. Leave me a comment:)
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2015. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.