More Peanut Chutney Recipes @ Annarasa:
Moongphali ki Chatni | Peanut Chutney
Tamatar Moongphali Pachadi | Tomato Peanut Chutney Ver. 1.0
4 large tomatoes, chopped
2 green chilies, chopped fine
8 kari patta (curry leaves)
1/4 tsp rai (mustard seeds)
1/4 tsp zeera (cumin seeds)
1/2 tsp haldi (turmeric powder)
2 tsp lal mirch (chili powder)
A pinch of sugar
Salt to taste
1 cup raw peanuts, ground
3 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds. When they begin to pop, reduce the heat to medium, and add the cumin seeds, turmeric, and curry leaves.
- Now throw in the tomatoes and green chilies with a pinch of salt and sugar.
- Cover the pan and let them stew in their juice for 7 minutes. Add the chili powder and ground peanuts.
- Stir, cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook, stirring continuously until the oil separates.
- Adjust seasoning including salt to taste.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Good to Know:
- Find Tomato Chutney Version 1.0 here.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2012. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.