I ran through many recipes of bark but somehow the texture of most did not appeal to me - too hard, too gooey!! So having experimented I came up with this mix - I call it just right - the chocolate is neither solid hard, nor will it melt in your hand if you hold it for all of thirty seconds. Did I say it was just right!!
2 cups good quality dark chocolate
1 cup good quality caramel morsels
1/2 cup almonds, slivered
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp milk (full-fat)
- Grease a sheet of parchment paper and place it on a cookie sheet.
- Break the chocolate into bite sized pieces. Place in a double boiler with a tablespoon of the milk. Melt. Set aside. Beat in the butter.
- Using another bowl on the double boiler, repeat step one with the caramel morsels and the milk. Remove from the boiler and beat in the butter.
- Pour the chocolate and caramel onto the greased paper onto the tray in a layer no more that 1/4 and inch thick. Swirl using a fork to get a pretty pattern.
- Sprinkle immediately with almonds.
- Allow to cool completely. Let chocolate set in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes.
- Alternatively set in the coolest part of your kitchen overnight.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the bark into squares.
All content, text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007 - 2012. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.