Now, as almost everyone would agree, there is nothing quite like hot toast with tea on a freezing winter afternoon!! The only thing that can make it better is some spicy melted cheese on the top - Yum! And if you want something superlative, stick some tapenade on the toast just under the cheese.
4 slices honey wheat bread
1 tsp butter, softened
2 tbsp tapenade
4 tbsp 3 alarm cheese, grated (replace with
Jalapeno Jack for a milder taste)
2 tbsp mozzarella cheese, grated
- Pre heat the oven to 350F. Place the bread on the wire rack and toast until crisp and golden.
- Remove from the oven and butter each slice. Now thickly spread the tapenade on two of the slices.
- Mix the two cheeses, and spread equally on the 4 slices.
- Return to the oven and grill until the cheese melts completely.
- Carefully remove the toasts from the oven. Cut into squares or triangles. Serve immediately.
All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.