1 1/2 cups Moth, soaked overnight
2 large potatoes, cubed
6-8 spring onions, sliced
1/2 cup peanuts
1/2 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
6-8 curry leaves
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped fine
Juice of half a lemon
Salt, to taste
1 tbsp oil
- Place the Moth beans and peanuts in a large saucepan. Cover with water. Add one teaspoon of salt and cook till tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil. Add the mustard seeds and cumin. When the seeds pop, add the curry leaves and the sliced spring onions. Fry well.
- Add the cubed potatoes, half a cup of water and cook until the potatoes are just done but not too soft.
- Now add the cooked Moth, peanuts, grated coconut, red chilli powder, and the turmeric.
- Adjust the salt and other seasonings.
- As a snack, serve warm with a squeeze of lemon and some cilantro. For a meal, this dish goes best with hot Chappatis and ghee.
All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007-2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.