2 cups lobhia, soaked overnight
1 black cardamom
1 tsp cumin
6 black peppercorns
2 bay leaves
1 small piece star anise
1/2 tsp turmeric
Salt, to taste
2 large dried red chillies
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 large onion, diced
2 large tomatoes, diced
1 tbsp olive oil
- Pressure cook the lobhia with a pinch of salt and turmeric. If you do not have a pressure cooker, cook it in a pan until soft.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil. Next add the cumin, cardamom, bay leaves, black peppercorns, cloves, and star anise. When these spices release a delicate aroma, add the onions and fry until transparent. Now add the chillies, and the chopped tomatoes.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now add the beans along with the water they were cooked in. Mix well. Boil and the cook on reduced heat for another 10 minutes.
- Adjust the seasonings, and serve steaming hot with rice.
All text and photographs in this blog, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright of © Annarasa 2007-2013. All Rights Reserved. Kindly do not reproduce without permission.